Hot weather can be defined as a period of unusually high temperatures, typically around 35°C.
The period between March and October every year, presents us with extremely hot weather, especially for those living in tropical areas.
In order to get you through the extremely hot weather, we have compiled a list of tips for you. See below:
1. Drink more water than usual and don’t wait until you are thirsty. Talk to your doctor first if you are on water pills.
2. Avoid alcohol and sugary drinks.
3. Take a cool shower or bath.
4. Use air conditioning or a fan.
5. Don’t use a fan to blow extremely hot air on yourself, use it create cross-ventilation.
6. Wear lightweight and loose clothing.
7. Avoid using your stove or oven.
8. Limit your outdoor activity to morning and evening hours.
9. Rest often in shady areas.
10. Wear a wide-brimmed hat
11. Use sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher (the most effective products say “broad spectrum” or “UVA/UVB protection” on their labels) and reapply as directed.
12. Consider packing a couple extra bottles of water, these could be used for you and your family or anyone you see that looks like they could use a cool drink of water.
We hope you’ll find these tips useful. Tell us what you think in the comment section.